Over the past 60 days, the Cloverly team has focused on launching 3 tools for environmentally focused businesses:
- Shopify and Magento apps that connect with ecommerce customers.
- A Slack app that connects with employees.
- The Cloverly API for everything else.
Here’s a closer look at each.
Cloverly for Shopify/Magento
We’ve built integrations for some of the most popular ecommerce platforms. The Cloverly for Shopify and Cloverly for Magento apps are the easiest ways to give your customers options for carbon neutral shipping of products. They can be installed, tested, and launched on your ecommerce store in less than an hour. They use the Cloverly API to estimate the carbon footprint of each shipment and offer carbon neutral delivery to your customers.
Cloverly for Slack
The Cloverly for Slack app is the easiest way to give your employees options for carbon neutrality. Doing business requires ground and air travel, electricity, delivery, and shipping. With the app, offsetting is just a simple command away:
/green my trip to san francisco or
/green my flight from atl to sfo.
When building the Slack and Shopify integrations, we used the API as a customer would. We refused to peek behind the curtain. We wanted to know how a customer would integrate Cloverly into their company.
We found we needed libraries, so we released the Cloverly RubyGem for easier interaction with the API. We also updated the API based on our own experience standing in the customer’s shoes.
So far, our customers have offset 15,240 kilograms (33,598 pounds) of carbon. Here’s the breakdown by type of offsets and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) they’ve purchased to do so:
- Wind RECs: 7,665 kg/16,899 pounds
- Solar RECs: 3,033 kg/6,686 pounds
- Improved forest management: 1,587 kg/3,499 pounds
- Landfill gas capture: 1,394 kg/3,072 pounds
- Livestock gas capture: 1,357 kg/2,991 pounds
- Fugitive emissions capture: 175 kg/386 pounds
- Reforestation: 17 kg/37 pounds
- Energy efficiency: 16 kg/34 pounds